Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cruise Overview ---Nafplion, Greece





This was a fascinating city.  We were only in port for half a day.  Archie went up the 999 steps to get to the castle and fort above the city.  I passed on that and spent the morning looking at old Greek Orthodox cathedrals, narrow stone paved streets and little one room shops on them.  I can't believe that cars often tried to go down the marble paved streets.  Shoppers had to hug the walls to let them by.  I gave the camera to Archie so I didn't get any pictures of where we are but here are some pictures Archie took of the Fort. This was a tender city, which means the ship could not get into the harbor and instead they ferried the passengers into the port on tenders (life boats from the ship)  I had loads of fun in the city with my sisters and Dad while the hale and hearty hiked to the top.  See the view of where I was from the top of the fortifications.

No comments: